Calligraphy Guild of Pittsburgh is exhibiting at the Gallery Space in Monroeville Public Library for the month of October 2016. This is a call to all members of the CGP to submit up to 5 pieces of artwork for the exhibition.
Tuesday, October 4 from 4:00 PM–9:00 PM
Wednesday, October 5 from 9 AM–4 PM.
Note: Library staff can direct you when gallery manger not available
Wednesday, October 5 starting at 4:00 PM
Anyone is welcome to stay and help hang the show but it isn’t required. It usually takes about 2.5 to 3 hours to hang a show. Please contact Sally Wightkin (firstname.lastname@example.org), gallery manager, if you plan on helping out.
- must be predominately calligraphic (a given!)
- relatively recent work (last 2 or 3 years) is recommended but not mandatory
- 2D art framed in such a way to be able to hang from a wire system*
- 3D art (e.g. books) acceptable—but please notify manager ahead of time to allow time to acquire proper number of display units
- can be for sale or not (30% commission to Gallery)
- attach information slip to back of each piece (download exhibit labels [.pdf])
* For example, if you have a piece framed and it has eye-hooks on either side for wire – then that is perfect. If piece is not framed, it must have some sort of hanger to which it can attach (like a fabric piece on a rod) or some sort of mat with tabs or hooks on the back. Beware of matted-only pieces that are large—they may not hang properly. Framing—even “cheap” poster frame—is preferable. If you have any questions about whether or not something is suitable to hang—please contact Sally (email@example.com).
Sunday, October 23, 2-4 PM
Open to the public.
Set-up begins at 1PM (anyone welcome to help but not mandatory)
It would be helpful to give an idea of how many of your friends and family you might expect to we can plan for refreshments. More details coming.
Download Exhibit Information [.pdf]
Thursday, November 3 from 4 – 9 PM
Sally Wightkin will be in the gallery to take down the Guild’s exhibit.
You can pick-up your work anytime during the period. If you are unable to pick up your pieces at that time, please contact Sally at firstname.lastname@example.org to make other arrangements.